Thursday, July 7, 2011

How to get to the Chewy Center, of a rhino.

I like to run my Hormagaunts with toxin sacs and adrenal glands. This is for a few reasons, but if I was perfectly honest, I am looking for points.  The other day I was building a 2000pt army and I was scraping to come up with all the points the way I wanted them.  Oh well time to buy more stuff.  The other reason is that at strength 4 Hormagaunts have a 1/6 chance to glance Armour 10.  Ok bad odds, but they do get a whole lot of attacks, just fifteen models get 45 chances to crack that rhino and eat on the chew center.

So here the question: What are the odds for something interesting to happen (a result of 3 or 4 on vehicle damage chart) if I charge with 10, 20, 30, and 15 models?  

First off if the vehicle moved 6":


Well if start with 20 to 25 Hormagaunts, I probably will have 10 to 15 by the time I start attacking that armored transport, so looking at the chart that means it most likely that I get one to two hit that I want, but that not the point, while nice, what more likely to happen is you stun or shake the tank so the next round you can really lay it open. 

Here the chart of how many shaken or stuns you can expect:


All it takes is one to make the transport immobilized the next turn.  And it looks like the odds of getting least one are good.  So now the transport is sitting there and you auto hit on your next round, what does the numbers look like?

      Well there are the numbers, have at them and enjoy.  As a last note want to say, these odds themselves do not make the game.  There is still an opponent on the other side of the table reacting to what you do and trying to counter the easy kill you have set up.  I might be able to run these numbers, but I still would not call myself a good player.  I tend to loses more then I win.

No comments:

Post a Comment